Course Syllabus for:
BIM, Principles of Business, Global Business, & Human Resource Management
Boles Independent School District 2018-19
Syllabus for Secondary BIM, Introduction to Business , Global Business, & Human Resourse Management Course
Larry W. Bunch, BS, MS; Room 202, High School Computer Lab
Course(s) Objectives: BUSINESS INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
This course is designed to give the students a well-rounded knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications used in all types of business and college operations. This course specifically will give the student a wide-ranging experience in:
- Creating, Formatting, and Editing Word Documents with Pictures
- Creating Research Papers with Citations and References
- Creating Business Letters with Letterheads and Tables
- Creating Worksheets with Charts
- Formulas, Functions, and Formatting
- What-If Analysis, Charting, and Working with Large Worksheets
- Databases and Database Objects
- Querying a Database
- Maintaining a Database
- Formatting Business and Personal Documents
- Creating Business and Personal Documents
- Creating and Editing a Presentation with Clip Art
- Enhancing Presentations with Pictures, Shapes, and Word Art
- Reusing Presentations and Adding Media
Course(s) Objectives: Introduction to Business
This course is designed to give the students a well-rounded knowledge of our economic system, owning a business, influences on business, marketing, human resources, technology in the workplace, career planning, buying goods & services, credit, money management. This course is a practical & useful to the student whether they will own a business or work as an employee.
Course(s) Objectives: International or Global Business
This course is designed to give the student a well-rounded knowledge of global economies, governments & global business, cultural influences on business, structure of international global businesses, importing & exporting, trade relations, legal agreements around the world, management principles, labor around the world, international career planning, global marketing & consumer behavior. This course will cover a wide range of information which relates to our economy and its relationship in the world economic structure.
- Students are expected to bring all materials to class each day specific to the coursework.
- Students are expected to adhere to a good standard of neatness in regard to all homework, class work, and tests that are to be turned in for a grade.
- Students are expected to keep their work area neat & clean daily.
- Students are to be respectful to everyone at all times during class.
- Students are expected to do the work in class for that day. Sometimes, if they don’t get finished, they will be allowed to take the work home to complete it for the next day or when that class meets the next time.
- Students will enter the classroom in a calm & quiet manner each day and go to their seat. They will then prepare their work area for the day and get ready for instruction.
- Students are expected to always do their best and to work through the difficult times.
- Do not leave your materials in the classroom. They will come up missing.
- Students are to take notes on either computer or paper during presentations.
- Look on this classroom environment as a workplace.
- Do not log in until instructed to do so.
- No headphones, I-pods, cell phones allowed at the Workstation. You may charge them at center tables.
- If working on the computer, do not get onto the internet unless approved by instructor. You will be written up on first offence. This is your warning!
- No food or drinks of any kind are allowed in this lab, Room 202. Water with a cap is allowed only at the center tables.
Class Room Rules:
1.You have the right to learn in this class.
- You don’t have the right to disrupt someone else from learning.
- Abide by all school policies as stated in the Student Handbook.
- Every time you leave this room, you will sign out & in.(will adjust)
- Don’t come in the room and then leave to run errands. You will be counted tardy.
- Don’t ask to go to other classes. If a teacher wants you they will let me know.
- You must sign out & have a hall pass anytime you leave the room.(will adjust)
- Anytime you are working on the computer & are found off task, you will be written up – this is your warning!
- When notes are given, you are required to have the material needed to take notes & are expected to take notes. (you will get a grade for all notes taken in this class)
- Do not line up at the door prior to dismissal. (stay seated at computer station or center tables)
Make Up work will be discussed to students in class. Please communicate any circumstances that might effect you (student) being able to perform any activities in class. Please feel free to contact me (parents) if there are any questions.
My School Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a link that will download my Courses Syllabus 2017-2018
Course Syllabus 2017-18
Below is a link that will download my Make Up Form for Missed Work in my Classes
(for extended absentees)
Conference: Check w/ High School Office
7th Period – Principles of Business – 1:39-2:25
8th Period – Global Business/HRM – 2:29-3:15